Serving Others (We See You)

So if we don't encourage each other enough to, get out of our own way...lets do that when we can. For me, that means to find a space that it has nothing to do with me, what a wonderful place to be.  I share the following story not to highlight 'us' but to highlight the activity and get you to consider what you may do to 'serve' or to get out of your own way....
Saturday Nov 17 on my calendar it said 'cook with Teresa' --- what it didn't way was 'service', that's what this cooking was.   During a daydream about what to do during this winter season quickly approaching, I thought...we love to cook, we love to hang out and we love to think of how we can make others happy...so with that we decided to cook a meal for an elderly person who would enjoy or maybe even need a nice home-cooked meal, that quickly became 10 home-cooked meals!  I had no idea this need existed right here in our little community...what am I living in a bubble! That's right 'get out of your own way Brenda!'   If you need to loose track of your own struggles for awhile, just give....give and give, there are so many little things we can do. 
So we cooked, place the meals in a carry out container (labeled with their names) which went into a bag and was wrapped w/a sweet poem called 'thinking of you', we loaded the yummy food in the truck and off we went...serving.  Letting others know we 'see you, we hear you, we know you are here'.
So many fond memories but at one delivery the recipient stated, I wasn't sure what I would do for diner tonight and here you are, god provides'.....(yes, yes He does!).  Wow, how thankful I am to have had a tiny little piece of that presence.
So what do you enjoy doing, how could you give that passion to someone?
What will be on your calendar this month...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"On the Radio"

"A Lesson From Forestry"