Cross Roads of Life

Crossroads; "a crucial point especially where a decision must be made"

Sometimes these crossroads are of our choosing sometimes they feel more like they are put upon us...either way they signify 'change'. I once read someone's perspective of change...'Change is great! You go first...'

I agree change can be great, particularly if it's your idea, but what about those times that it's not our idea, that the plan as laid out before us by us, didn't look like this...after all I took my ticket got on the train and knew exactly where I was heading and where is was going to exit...'hum laughable'.  

We all have enough life experience that we know life doesn't necessarily work that way, for me, it's more of a 'trail ride' full of comfort, natural beauty, opportunities, unknowns, choices, rough areas to navigate but much like a trail ride those of us that don't go it alone and aren't afraid to be vulnerable can have a more profound experience will traversing the hills and valleys, slippery slopes, tough terrain of the trail...with various companions, that come in the form of majestic intelligent animals that have an amazing intuition to help us navigate so unlike our own, or the people that are on the 'ride' with us, those that come for a reason, a season or a lifetime all here to teach us something if we are willing to be still at the crossroads...

Today as I find myself at my 'next' crossroad, I give pause to the animals, the people, the energy that supports me as I ride the trail and contemplate choices, I am blessed to have such support and I am hopeful that I too am a form of support for others, serving is my passion but I know I too must be willing to accept help in this life and trust the trail, it's a great teacher and equalizer...

My gratitude to those that ride along beside me...to the unspoken beauty in human compassion and the connection of something so much greater than we can see....
#seemorelookless


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"On the Radio"

"A Lesson From Forestry"