So interesting how a day can unfold, giving way to pauses that encourage you to believe in the resourcefulness of mankind and the country way of communicating…

Today while sipping coffee in ‘full on’ no make up and just out of bed hair, a young man walks onto the porch, as I see him I think, “Oh no what does he want” (yes ‘want’ came to mind first, hum…) and since I have a glass door there is no ‘escaping’ the fact that I am home. 

Time to walk the walk, my value is not on the outside as I answer the door in what may look like an early Halloween costume!   But all kidding aside, this is a slight step back in time casting aside the iPhone,  internet, Facebook, Craig’s list etc. to a good old fashion drive in the neighborhood ready to leave your hand written contact information ripped from a small spiral bound notebook situated in the upper right hand pocket of a flannel shirt.  (I expect there will be much more to selling the wood, but I like this version...)

The words went something like this…My folks live up the road and their outdoor wood furnace is no longer working (after many years of warming a beautiful large country home) and they have decided not to replace it, so they’re selling the wood and I know you guys burn wood, so thought I’d see if you need any. 

The conversation in a door way on a cold fall day continued…concluding with a smile, thank you and nice to meet you (I haven’t met this neighbor in nearly 17 years of living here, that is a blog of its own).  The face to face marketing of fire wood on a piece of notebook paper with hand written contact information, ah I love the country!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"On the Radio"

"A Lesson From Forestry"