A Life Lesson From A Flower





I find myself like so many of us, in yet another life-changing 'growth' space.

This space was created about 8 weeks ago when I received a very short phone call telling me my 30 year career has concluded with the elimination of my position...hum 'received' (period). Now, more lessons to learn but interesting as I navigate this bump I see things a little differently, yes I am learning from my past.   I am not anywhere near 100% but I have improved and today I'll be proud of that.

As I stay present enough to 'hear' and 'see', this mornings classroom my 'flower garden'...I have fed them food in the form of 'miracle grow' and as I reflect I see my own growth and that these 'spaces' are miracles showing up in ways that may not feel so miraculous but if embraced give growth...however my plants are so much more grounded than me that they are fed by a source greater than that found in a bag bought at Lowe's, most will survive with or without the help of additives, their foundation is in the source, their roots are so tuned into their need.  Hum well taught teacher!

Today, I receive the lesson from the flowers as I pulled and plucked away at them, they just continue to give joy (pulling weeds and dead-heading).  As I am feeling pulled and plucked at, thank you to God for the reflection of the flower...

Today He gave me so much through these teachers that moves me to think beyond my self-sufficiency and ask for help...I today need additives, through the people He places in my garden, so today I will dead-head and pull the weeds of self-sufficiency and ask for help, I will ask for additives from the people placed in my life on purpose and although it is uncomfortable for me I know my ability to serve is part of my ability to receive (huge exhale!).

So if I have asked for your help please know this is a 'huge' step for me but I am trusting in the source and I thank you for your additives in all their joyous forms because unlike the plant I need to continue to learn and grow thru you, you help strengthen my roots allowing me to stand solid in my faith for what is next, I am open, I am joyful, I am growing, thanks be to God for the additives in my life...thank you to you.

As I practice standing in Mountain Pose I am reminded to 'balance' and 'breathe' this connects me to the source, this connects me to Him as I open the space to receive and release the need to plan my next blossom.

I am blessed, I am well, I live in abundance, I know what it is to be loved.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"On the Radio"

"A Lesson From Forestry"